Managing the Federal Employee: Supervising Teleworkers
Target Audience: Executives, Managers, and Supervisors
Length: One-Day Seminar
“Managing the Federal Employee: Supervising Teleworkers” is a one-day class designed for agency supervisors and managers who supervise employees who are teleworking. In this class we delve into the pros and cons of the modern workplace and issues supervisors face in effectively managing teleworkers. We address federal policy and legal guidelines as well as explore practical tools and tips for successful telework. The training meets the requirements of the Telework Enhancement Act of 2010.
1. Why Telework?
- Work-life Balance
2. Legislative and Policy Telework Guidance
- What Makes Telework Work?
- Right Job – Portability
- Right Boss – Supervisory Skills Needed
- Right Employee – Self-Directed and Organized
3. Making Telework Work for You
- Telework Agreements
- Performance and Conduct Issues
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Best Practices