We provide on-site seminars in Leadership, Engagement, and Accountability in the Federal personnel system.
Our courses teach supervisors at all levels practical tools and techniques for dealing with a number of issues including conduct and performance issues meeting the unique requirements of the Federal system. Armed with these skills, supervisors can take action correctly the first time, ensuring mission accomplishment and avoiding costly errors that are often addressed through litigation.
We also offer leadership courses addressing topics such as engagement and human motivation that are appropriate for leading all employees, not just those with problems. Finally, we present seminars for Agency employees as well as administrative investigation seminars for Federal agents and others who investigate employee misconduct.
OUR TRAINING IS OFFERED IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT FORMATS:
- Off-the-shelf half-day, and one, two or three-day classes designed to meet the needs of most every federal supervisor. Check out our course list here.
- Customized solutions designed to address specific topics relevant to an Agency. All of our training topics come in half-day modules that can be combined in any order to create one, two, or three-day programs. Learn more about how to develop your customized solution here.
- Video conferencing and virtual training. While most of our courses are presented on site at your facility, we also have experience leveraging technology to accommodate remote participants via video conferencing or webinars.
OUR TRAINING MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL STATUTES AND REGULATIONS:
- OMB’s April 12, 2017 Memorandum: Comprehensive Plan for Reforming the Federal Government and Reducing the Federal Civilian Workforce.
- OPM Supervisory Requirements, 5 C.F.R. § 412.202
- Section 1113 of the FY 2010 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
- DOD Instruction 1430.16 – Growing Civilian Leaders
- Workforce Flexibility Act of 2004, 5 U.S.C. § 4121
- Telework Enhancement Act of 2010, Public Law 111-292